Clare McLoughlin, RGN, INP treats a patient
Clare McLoughlin has been a general nurse since 1988 and is an Independent Nurse Prescriber and advanced procedure aesthetic nurse and trainer with over 18 years’ experience in the aesthetic field.
As a recognised aesthetic trainer, Clare is known for her professional approach and skill in the field of aesthetics and has appeared on a number of television programmes performing injectable aesthetic treatments. After working as a practitioner for Transform Medical group 2001-2003, Clare started her own business – Appearance Based Medicine – in 2004, to enable her to provide the highest level of patient care and satisfaction.
Clare has been an advanced techniques trainer in Botulinum toxin treatments and Skin fillers for National Cosmetic Courses since 2004. As well as training other Healthcare professionals in this field, Clare is a member of the British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN) and British Association of Sclerotherapists (BAS) and is recently published in Aesthetics Journal.
Clare works in association with Cosmetic Surgeon, Mr Adrian Richards; Dermatologist Dr Ravi Ratnavel; and Mr Philip Coleridge Smith, Vascular Surgeon and President of the British Association of Sclerotherapists.
The art of the aesthetic practitioner is to enhance the innate charm of the face rather than simulate a plasticised ideal.
It is the skill of the practitioner to improve on what is natural but not to change the personality of the face.
Despite Clare’s teaching commitments for National Cosmetic Courses, all consultations, treatments and reviews are with Clare herself, who prides herself on providing a personal tailored package of care for all her patients.
“The most important part of any treatment is your consultation, which will include taking a detailed medical history, an assessment of your skin and discussion of your needs and expectations. This will enable you to understand the choices available and make informed treatment decisions, and is essential before a tailored treatment and maintenance plan can be put in place. The consultation will also include a full costing for your initial treatment and for any maintenance treatments you may expect to have.
Product information will be provided along with some simple preparations you can make prior to your treatment to ensure optimisation of your treatment experience.”
Often treatments are staggered at no extra cost (and Savings Plans are available). This not only provides a better result, but introduces improvement gradually. Before and after photos provide a visible record of improvement and also enable accurate replication of treatments. A complimentary review will be booked for 1-2 weeks after your treatment.
Treatments offered include:
- Basic and Advanced selective wrinkle relaxing injections to the face and neck (for Women and Men)
- Stratum Skin Analysis system
- Dermalux LED Phototherapy
- iS Clinical’s Fire & Ice Medical Facial
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) also known as The Vampire Facelift
- Dermal Fillers: Advanced level contouring and Lip augmentation including; Juvederm-ULTRA, Juvederm Vycross collection (Vobella, Volift, Voluma and Belotero); and Neauvia Organic fillers
- Profhilo Skin Bio-remodelling
- Restylane Skinboosters
- Tear Trough filling (Cheek Augmentation)
- The 8 Point Facelift
- The Perfect Peel
- Fine Thread Contouring (FTC) with PDO Threads
- M2 Medical Grade MicroDermabrasion
- Micro Skin Needling/Dermapen (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) or Micro-Needling
- Skin Proliferation Peels
- Thread veins and Reticular vein removal using Microsclerotherapy and Shortwave Diathermy
- Hyperhidrosis treatment for excessive sweating
- Consultation and FREE referral to cosmetic surgeon Mr. Adrian Richards.
Appearance Based Medicine is owned and run by Clare McLoughlin RGN INP, a leading aesthetic nurse prescriber who has years of experience and hundreds of satisfied clients, giving you confidence in achieving an excellent natural looking result.