The Perfect Peel
What exactly is this treatment?
The Perfect Peel is a chemical skin peel, formulated by skincare experts to improve skin’s natural elasticity, tone and radiance whilst reducing the visibility of wrinkles, acne scarring and pigmentation.
Why should I have this treatment?
As we get older, our skin’s ability to effectively shed old skin cells reduces and the build-up of dead skin cells can leave the skin looking dull and lacklustre. Chemical Peels, such as the Perfect Peel, help to clear away the top layer of old skin to reveal the younger, fresher looking skin beneath, as well as stimulating the fibroblasts deep within the skin to produce new collagen and elastin.
How do I know if this treatment is safe and right for me?
Before you undergo our Perfect Peel Treatment, as with all of the other treatments offered by Appearance Based Medicine Ltd., we require that you have a detailed one-to-one consultation with our Aesthetic Nurse Prescriber, Clare McLoughlin RGN INP. This consultation allows us to collate a detailed medical history for every patient and ensure that you are a suitable candidate for any non-surgical cosmetic procedure that you are interested in. This consultation also allows us to explain the procedure in detail and give you full information about any small risks or side effects associated with the treatment. The ‘Perfect Peel’ treatment, for example, can cause feelings of heat and tingling in the treated areas, as well as some short-term redness of the skin – both side-effects that tend to be short-lived and resolve themselves in the days immediately following a treatment.
How does this treatment work?
- Glutathione, which helps to lighten darker patches of skin pigmentation and can help to repair skin damage caused by pollution, excessive sun exposure, ageing, etc.
- Salicylic Acid, which is a common ingredient in cosmetic preparations designed to treat acne, as it reduces swelling and redness and helps to unblock pores, whilst also softening and loosening dry skin
- Kojic Acid, an antibacterial and antifungal ingredient which is also effective when it comes to lightening pigmentation and brightening skin tone
- TCA, which works to minimise discolouration, fine lines and wrinkles
- Phenol, a mild anaesthetic
- Retinoic Acids, which are an essential nutrient that the body requires to stay healthy.
The initial application of this Chemical Peel will take just 15 minutes. You will then be presented with a home care pack to continue the treatment. The home care pack contains retinol wipes and a Vitamin C moisturiser, both of which have been specially designed to enhance the effects of Perfect Peel.